Monday, February 9, 2009

Another cookie post

I am happy to report that things have been a lot better since my last cookie post. I think the guilt got the best of me that day! I've been much stricter and I've written a note on my whiteboard that says, "Every Bite Counts!" And I totally appreciate all the kind comments I got from all of my awesome friends! That post was meant to be funny, but it was also a good way to vent my distaste for diabetes so I appreciate the well-wishes and comments that some of you don't have self control either. That DOES make me feel better!

So, tonight, I made sugar cookies, Brian made the frosting, and the kids cut out and decorated the cookies. And I did eat some. BUT, the best part about the cookies is they are called "Diabetic Sugar Cookies." I got smart this time. I did dip a few times into the frosting, which is ok, even my nutritionist told me that. But the cookies were "free" so I think with just 3 bites of frosting and free cookies, I'm going to have a guilt free evening AND I satisfied my nonstop sugar cravings! Oh, and my blood sugar numbers should look great tomorrow morning. Phew! Jackson was worried though... he said, "Mom, this has sugar in it!" What does he know anyway? j/k

And on a humerous note, my mother in law sent us a Valentines day package with a package of Slim Jim beef jerkey in it for Brian and I. (she gave the kids super cute valentines day treats) I thought that was sorta funny but even funnier when I read her card that said, "I didn't want to send sugar because of Jen's diabetes, and Logan can't have nuts, so you guys get protein instead!" That mother-in-law, she's always thinking, I tell ya! ;)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

ROFL!!! I love that she sent you beef jerky! That's awesome!! :D Well I'm proud of you making some free cookies. I'll have to start doing that. Way to go Jen! :D