Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Kristy Ragsdale

I'm sure that everyone has a story in the media that they are drawn to, from time to time. That you follow the updates on each day and wonder how the family is feeling etc... The story for me right now is of my close friend Erin's close friend.. how's that for a "I know someone through someone etc..." Anyway, I'm sure that at least the Utahn's have heard about the girl who was gunned down by her husband on Sunday when she was getting out of her car to go into church. Well, this is Erin's neighbor and good friend. Since hearing about it, I've felt compelled to read stories in the newspapers and on the internet about it. I've talked to Erin each day and she's told me things. I did meet Kristy one time, at a Scentsy party that Erin did for me last year, and I specifically remember that she was from Washington and that she had a really good singing voice. And she also ordered from me, which makes me feel sad, that I did have this contact with a person who is no longer here, as weird as that may sound! Anyway, her friends set up a blog for her where people can leave comments about her (it's only for positive comments!) and there is also a fund setup for her 2 little boys - ages 4 and 19 months. They are trying to work it out so that her boys can stay in the home that their mom was raising them in, so they would rather have donations over anything else - flowers, etc... I'm posting a link in this post to Erin's blog - and then if you are interested in donating, there is information on how to make a donation. The whole thing is so tragic, and my thoughts and prayers are will all of the friends and family that are suffering and trying to deal with what happened!

Erin's blog with information:

2 comments:

Us Lochers said...

Because I rarely watch the news, I just found out about this yesterday. It truly is sad.

Erin said...

Thanks Jen. I appreciate you spreading the awareness of this incident. Just so you know I am doing really good as well as the rest of our neighborhood. Went to the viewing tonight which was good... It didn't look like her at all, it's a good reminder that our bodies are just "hosts" to our spirit and that our spirits are really us. Good news about Logan, my kids have huge tonsils too, but no throwing up, thank goodness.