Monday, May 13, 2013

Growing up... fast!

sorry for the sideways pic - I have tried to straiten it but it's not working. 
Anyway, the kids are growing up!!!! Jackson is 9 now and learned to mow the lawn.  He did it and he did a really good job too! 

 Kaitlin has never wanted to take off her training wheels.  All last summer, she said, "when I am 6 I will take them off."  She turned 6 and then it was, "when I am 7, I will take them off!"  So the other day, I just took them off and explained to her that it's her fear that is holding her back.  So, we took off out of the fence and and I held her bike for a second, then her shirt for another second, and then she was off and she never looked back!

Carli had announced a few days ago that she was done with the bike trailer and wanted her own bike.  So I put Kaitlin's training wheels on Logan's old bike and with Logan's old bike helmet, put Carli on.  She also took off and never looked back.  She will do everything the big kids do.  I was so nervous but she did an amazing job.  My babies are no longer babies!  They are big kids now!


2 comments:

liz said...

Love your blog updates :) Your kids are awesome. This is the first glimpse I've had of the new/remodeled house across from you on the corner. Crazy! Did they find someone to buy it right away? That neighborhood just keeps on changing!

liz said...

Wait, I just looked again and I don't think that's the house I thought it was. Can you take a picture of that one? :) Just kidding, I'll come see it next month...