Monday, September 12, 2011

room re-do part 1

There are a couple of friends in my neighborhood that decorate their houses ammmmaaaazzzing!  Lucky for me, one of them is helping me decorate my house because she sees great potential in it!  (and Brian nor I seem to know how to decorate very well). We started in the family room and have done a part of it.  Thought I would post pictures as we progress.  So the first thing we did was take down some nasty blinds that were awesome at one time but now have loads of holes in them from the kids, and put up super cute curtains from Ikea. Trying to decide if we like the knots in the bottom or not.  Opinions?  Then also from Ikea, we got the 2 pillows on the couch and the navy blue area rug on the floor. 

One of Tiffany's ideas was to get rid of the dark glass on the 2 outside panels on the media center.  It looks so much better without it!  I also replaced the ugly gold handles on the media center with silver ones.
I will post pictures as new things happen.  Eventually this whole house will be AMAZING!  We are going to paint the room next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what you’ve done to your family room. Looks like it’s out of Martha Stewart magazine! I like the knots in the curtains too.