Tuesday, September 27, 2011

a few pics from last week!

One of our favorite family activities is to buy cookies, put them in cute bags, and deliver them to our neighbors and friends.  I used to buy these adorable star cookies but I haven't been able to find them in a long time, so last Monday night, I decided we were going to make and decorate our own cookies.  This was a big deal for me, I've never made them from scratch before.  But thanks to my most favorite cookbook in the whole world, Our Best Bites I decided to go for it.  They were SO yummy and turned out so cute!  A family effort!  We delivered them to the kids primary teachers and then our friends that lent us the cookie cutters and sprinkles.
 update on my family room progress: painted this contraption white, from black.  My "designer" says it's time to lighten the room up!
 I love that my kids are such good readers!  They have to read 20 minutes everyday, so why not read to the younger ones at the same time?  Woohoo!
 Added candy corns to the blue dish.  Love it!  Too bad I went through 2 packs of candy corns in 2 days, thanks to little fingers!  Had to come up with a new idea instead...
 Thought Kaitlin and Carli both looked adorable this day so snapped pictures of them at Rosecrest playground.



No comments: