Sunday, September 18, 2011

week of 9/12/11

jackson and his bff, jackson.  (that's convenient, huh?)
 took the kids to gardner village last week, even though it was raining.  the kids still had a fun time!  we met up with friends and endured being rained on!


 I wanted to write this story down so I will post it here.  Jackson was talking to one of his buddies the other day in the car and they were talking about who their best friends are.  Jackson said, "my best friend is Jackson and I have 1 best friend that is a girl."  The buddy said, "let me guess, it's A."  Jackson said, "yep, I would do anything for her!" ahhhhh!  So sweet!  He's going to be such a good husband some day! 
 Kaitlin and her BFF!

 a day in the life of the 'hood!  Yesterday, Brian was out doing yardwork and he came in and said - you might want to drive around and see what you can find.  There are fire engines and sirens flying down the street.  So I grabbed Carli and we took off (funny, our nextdoor neighbor grabbed out other neighbor and they took off to find it too!)  We didn't have to drive far, we turned the corner from out house and there was this scene - about 10 fire engines. A house was on fire the next street over from us.  This house is a particularly troubled house in my neighborhood, there is always something going on.  It was some excitement and there has been lots of talk about who started it, why, who is hurt, etc... It even made the news!
 My friend took me shopping to try and buy more stuff for our house.  We found these canisters which I LOVE. I've been looking everywhere for new canisters for our flour, sugar, etc...  I never would have thought to buy mismatched stuff, but she totally has the eye for this kind of thing.  I love them!
 I bought this awesome blue bowl. It's another one of my FAV things we bought!  I love the simplicity of everything on this bakers rack, and I love how this blue bowl just pulls everything together.  I am going to fill it up with candy corns.  So cute!
 another shot of the corner of this couch because of this great grey pillow!  And I thought I would show headon, how we got rid of the privacy glass on the dvd case.  I think it makes the case look a million times better! Love the yellow and grey pillows too! :)


No comments: