Monday, August 29, 2011

rough night

it was a rough night, for this baby girl last Saturday night.  We went up to a friends cabin and we were not there more than 15 minutes, and Carli came inside bleeding all over her mouth.  I don't know what it is about my kids and their mouths, but we've had a few mouth issues.  So Brian scooped her up and ran into the kitchen and told us we had to leave!  So we grabbed everyone and cruised down the canyon to Primary Childrens! 

Then all of the sudden, Kaitlin and Jackson are plugging their noses saying, "Logan threw up!"  Sure enough, Logan threw up all over himself AND my car.  Ugh!  So, we dropped Brian and Carli off to the ER, and on the way home, I ask Logan if he is ok and there is silence.  He's fallen asleep, though I wasn't sure what was really wrong, so I pulled over and it took me a couple of times to wake him up, drenched in throw up.  I was a little worried at this point.  We pulled into the garage and Logan jumped out of the car and said, "I'm better!"  (car sick, apparently!)  I may have been going a little faster than normal around all the twists and turns and he was looking down at my phone playing a game!  Mental note: Logan gets carsick!

2 hours later, Brian called and said that Carli was ready to come home.  4 stitches and very banged up gums, she arrived home.  She was not very happy but she was coming off of the medicine they gave her to calm her down - that didn't work because she was cruising around the hospital in a race car that Brian had to pry her away from to go home. She screamed about the racecar for about an hour after.

There is a possibility she may have to have a tooth pulled as a result of this injury, but the dentist thinks she will be ok.  We just have to watch her for a couple of months.  She gets her stitches out on Thursday.  And look at her, still smiling!!!

A side point:  The neighbors (Elanore and Enos) that invited us to their cabin are 90 yrs old.  They are the sweetest couple.  If you live in Utah and have heard of the craft store, Zims - that was their store.  My kids were SO disappointed that we couldn't stay.  Elanore had planned some activities for my kids to do.  In the 15 minutes they were there, they were starting a scavenger hunt outside that started with lining the back porch with a bunch of nuts and they were supposed to wait for the squirrels to come eat them and then they could mark a box off of their scavenger hunt.  They would then get a treat after for completing their scavenger hunt.  This was SO exciting to my kids, but that was cut short.  So I told Elanore how dissapointed my kids were and she said, Let's do it again Tuesday night.  I asked her if there was anything I could bring and she said, "Just your 4 kids.  And I promise they will have a good time!"  I don't doubt that for a second, bless her heart!

No comments: