Thursday, January 20, 2011

My addiction

I have an addiction.. to sugar. I LOVE IT! I eat pretty much everyday... candy, sugar on my cereal, desserts, ice cream etc... But I am finally listening to my good friend and my sister that sugar is the ENEMY. I have tried for 2 years to get to my ideal weight. The weight that my nutritionist and OB told me would be perfect for my height but no matter what I do, I can't break past the weight that is 15 lbs heavier than my ideal weight. I have moaned and groaned about this to anyone who will listen! I even prayed for a thyroid issue to explain why I coulnd't lose this weight. No such luck. I was negative. Dang!

One of my really good friends lost a bundle of weight and sizes last summer by cutting out sugar and whites -like white pasta, white bread, white tortiallas and moving over to wheats. (not enriched wheat but 100% wheat). And high fructose corn syrup which is pretty much in a ton of foods.

My sister told me this past weekend that she too was addicted to sugar but after 2 weeks of a cleansing diet she broke the addiction.

So, here I go. I am on day 3 of no sugar. Not even a skittle that I found on the floor of my van. Though I wanted to eat it, I threw it away. I am determined to break this curse I have on myself. But I'm listening up finally and I feel like this is the thing that is going to finally break it!

I am posting this here. Hold me accountable! I need it!

6 comments:

Katherine Mortenson Weller said...

Your gonna do it! You are awesome.

Kim said...

Good luck! I'm addicted to sugar too. You can do it :)

Anonymous said...

We all know how good things with sugar taste but you will soon notice that sugar is not our friend, esp not around the waistline. If I've been able to stay away from it, you will be able to do it too, my friend!

Rachel said...

Sugar is totally my frenemy... I'm drinking hot chocolate as I write this. Oh, the humanity.

Good luck with your battle. Stay strong!!

Unknown said...

you can do it!! I'm addicted to sugar too!!

Jen Howick said...

so far so good. 8 days and still going strong, though one of my friends told me week 2 is the hardest! i can do it!!! thanks for all the commiserating... i need it!