Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What we did over Christmas break...

We were home 75% of the time due to sick little boys which is not really what I had in mind. We were going to play with all of our friends that we never get to see during the school year but that didn't happen at all. Not once. bah! But we still managed to have some fun here and there...
We bought huge cupcakes from Smiths and ate them and got all messy...
We went to Classic skating and hung out for several hours
Later that day, we met Grandma and Grandpa for dinner
We went to zoo lights with good friends. It was our first year ever going and it wasn't nearly as cold as I thought it would be!


We frosted cookies
Jackson said, "I didn't ask permission to read this book!" I said, "you don't ever have to ask permission to read!" and of course, falling asleep while reading is always great too!
Santa Clause made a surprise visit to our house which was super exciting. The kids saw many Santa Clauses throughout the weeks but this one was "real." And he asked his friends in carpool if Santa Clause made a surprise visit to their house a couple of weeks ago too, telling them that it was AWESOME!
Kaitlin in Buzzlight year pj's. So unlike her because she is usually girly girly.

Kaitlin created a tea party which was really cute. Carli and I enjoyed this time with her.

The kids got sleeping bags from Aunt Tammi which thrilled them to no end. Each sleeping bag came with a water bottle and flashlight. Excellent gift and the kids have slept in them many nights!
I took the kids to This is The Place park for a Christmas spectacular. It was really fun. Only Kaitlin and Logan wanted to go but we spent several hours there. Logan was petrified of "Father Christmas."
He loved the reindeer though!
more to come!

No comments: