Sunday, December 14, 2008

Don't Eat Pete!

I was browsing through one of my favorite sites today, Tip Junkie, and I came across 2 reminders of games that I had made a few years ago, but never had played with my kids. The first is called, "Don't Eat Pete!" I have no idea where I got this copy but I think it's cuter than any of the other ones I found on the internet. You put an M&M on each square, send someone out of the room, and everyone decides on a "Pete." The person comes back into the room and eats an M&M one at a time. When they get to the designated "Pete" everyone yells, "Don't eat Pete!" Jackson was the first to go out and he totally got it. He was laughing so hard when we yelled at him. Next, Brian left, and the kids loved yelling at him as well. Next, it was Logan's turn. If you know Logan, you know he's a little sensitive so he told us to not yell at him, to just whisper. So we did, and he still cried anyway. Next was Kaitlin. I think she normally would have loved this game but she'd had a short night of sleep the night before so she started bawling too. So needless to say, a really fun game for toddlers didn't go over so well at our house - 2 out of 3 cried!
So we moved onto this darling game of Bingo that my cousin let me borrow a few years ago (which I then copied and laminated for my family). My kids love Bingo so they were especially excited when I brought this game out. We used Fruit Loops as the game pieces. Everyone loved this game, and there were no tears. Much more successful than "Don't Eat Pete!"

1 comment:

Elicia said...

My boys LOVE Don't Eat Pete. We play it all the time for FHE. They laugh SO loud when I yell "Don't Eat Pete" it is hilarious.
Hey, will you send me your mailing address? I am doing Christmas cards and can't find your address anywhere after my computer from last year crashed.
Thanks.