Wednesday, March 9, 2011

getting my craft on, and other things!

A gal in my neighborhood had this cute little felt game of The Hungry Caterpillar that she bought off Ebay. I decided I could make it myself so I found some patters online and made my own. The kids, even Logan, love playing with it at church. I'm not a great sewer but I tried to make a felt mat for them to use with the felt pieces.
I have joined a fruits and vegetables co-op with some friends. You pay $15 and you get all these awesome fruits and veggies every week. It goes fast, so we don't always get in but we've done it 2 weeks and walked away with some really healthy snacks! I got even more than this the next week that I did it.
Carli is obsessed (I'm not exaggerating) with diapers, pullups, "undies or urrerwear" (as she calls them) etc... Lately, she's been sporting the diapers and pajamas backwards to try and get her to leave them alone, otherwise I find 5 diapers ditched all over the house. If I ask her where her diaper is, she'll say "ewwww!" Anyway, I caught her putting a diaper on her stuffed animal the other day.
Brian pointed out the cat's legs are sprawled open! ;)

A few weeks ago, Carli had a nasty flu bug. She had it for a few days, and then lovingly passed it onto her cousin and bff, and then got it back again!!! I took her into the doctor after 2 weeks of having it, and then she seemed to get worse with a cough. Her dr is great, very mellow, but he said, "I'm not going to lie, I think she has pneumonia and it's not the good kind. She will be hospitalized if she has it." That was a little worrisome. But we got a chest xray and luckily it came back as RSV. I only say luckily, because at her age, RSV isn't as scary. But she is our first to get RSV. It cleared up and went away without any other issues. Whew! Poor girl, she is not looking so hot!
I found a free day at the U for a women's basketball game. There was supposedly going to be a ton of booths, bounce houses, etc... not so. But the kids still had a lot of fun. Kaitlin still asks when we can go back and watch more basketball. Do I hear an aspiring basketball player?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Jen, I LOVE the hungry caterpillar board. This is a favorite book in our family--I'll have to copy your craftiness and try to make my own. Thanks!

Kim said...

I LOVE bountiful baskets! It's kinda fun to get surprised by what you get every week :)