We had our Primary program today at church. It is the best Sunday of the year, hands down. I teach the Sunbeams (3 yr olds) with my friend Tiffany. They are adorable and it's always a sweet experience. The program went really well, all of the kids did a great job. Each child had a speaking part and almost all of them did them perfectly. We sang several songs as well. The last song we sang, is my favorite Primary song of all time. It's new, and our Primary Chorister also taught us the sign language that went along with it. The first several times we sang the song, I would get so teary. The words are precious and meaningful. Add the sign language in and watching these adorable little kids signing and singing their hearts out, and your emotions can't help but flow. Here are the words (I wish I had the song to put on here too because it's so beautiful).
A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered 'round Jesus.
He blessed and tuaght as they felt of His love,
Each saw the tears on his face.
The love that He felt for his little ones,
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
But Jesus is real to me.
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully!
My heart, I give to him,
I know that my Savior loves me.
Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path everyday.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior's love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart, I give to Him,
I know that my Savior loves me.
I know that my Savior loves me.
Back Home to Utah
22 hours ago


4 comments:
I LOVE that song too. We were lucky to be sitting amongst all the singing voices too. It makes it that much better! :) Your kids all did great on their parts.
Very sweet indeed. Primary programs are the best!
yeah, my favorite song too. Did you see me totally balling as I was tucked down (so I wouldn't block Will & Kalli). I seriously couldn't stop crying. So sad. Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets touched seeing and hearing the kids on that song.
My favorite too! I'm glad I was not the only one crying.
Post a Comment