Monday, August 10, 2009

A very busy and very fun week last week!

I took my kids plus my friend Julie's 3 boys (yes, that's a total of 7 kids in my care) to the splashpad last week. We met up with Beth and Steph and their kids. It was super fun and the kids had a fun day!
Steph's father in law bought her this killer umbrella - the kids LOVE being under it to cool off (or warm up - whichever the case may be!)

I love when the kids do this - all huddle over something. Guess what it was? A wipe in a puddle. Ok, yeah, whatever! ;)
My aunt and uncle were visiting from Oregon last week so we all went to a favorite restaurant -Tepinyaki's. My kids do AWESOME there. It's super entertaining for them and they love the food!

Another day, we met up with our friends Denise and Emma and went to the childrens museum in the church museum. A favorite spot for my kids. It's free and they never want to leave (which means that they will love to go again!)

A nice shot of all 4 kids outside... Kait, in action!
Jackson has started private swimming lessons at the pool. I've looked all summer long for a private instructor for him. My nutritionist told me she was quitting her job as a nutritionist to move back to her hometown in Minnesota. However, she was going to work at our local pool for a while before moving and what does she do? Teaches swim lessons! YAHOO! So Jackson is on his 5th lesson now. He can swim by himself and she's teaching him how to dive. YEA!


Bri and I try to take the kids on walks in the evenings - they ride their bikes / trikes and we walk (good excercise!) Kait decided she was going to get all decked out in her knee and elbow pads and helmets. Too cute to pass up a picture of her!

2 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I've been trying to find someone to do private lesson for my kids!! Does your lady know of anyone else that does the same thing... since I'm sure she's not going to be around much longer?

Jen Howick said...

i just emailed you, but she will be around until April, she told me.