Sunday, August 16, 2009

Scentsy Convention

Wednesday Night: The start of Convention. We met up for dinner at PF Changs. Beth, Steph, Angie, Neely, Jen
We registered for Convention at the Salt Palace which they had decorated really cool! The streets were lined with Scentsy banners too!


There were Scentsy tiaras that were passed out at Convention. If you had one, when you sat down you had to say, "Shine in 09!" so everyone could hear you. If you didn't, people could steal them from you. At the end of convention, whoever had one got a prize. When they announced the end of the game, they said, "To continue with Scentsy's theme of giving more than you take, everyone needs to pass their tiara's one row back and one person over." That was me! ;) So I got a waterbottle, some keychains, and a mousepad. Cool! I love that theme! hee hee... But look at this cute little man wearing his tiara. Loved it!
THURSAY: Day 2 - The first day at convention.. That's the owner, Orville.
What a cool binky! It says, "Scentsy Rocks!"
Most of my team that attended on the first day
The big 5 year birthday party for Scentsy - "Cirque Beserk!"

Jackson, Logan, and Sebastian checking it all out
Logan dancing like he's never danced before! At one point, he went down into the splits which is so UNLIKE him! It was hillarious!
Our family in front of the big birthday cake. There were tables filled with food and desserts everywhere - cotton candy, cupcakes, candy, quesadillas, french fries, hot dogs, etc... just a huge free for all!
FRIDAY: day 3 - Team Day - some of the gals on my team
Don't ya love the glasses? They were neon glow in the dark. We got a lot of compliments. Last year, we were the first to wear these wigs but this year there were several teams in them... so next year we need to step it up a bit!
Angie up on stage because she's a director! YEA Ang!
Me, up on stage with the other Star Directors and Superstar Directors. I am on the bottom row with the pink shirt and wig. In the center where all the Superstar Directors are, in the aqua blue shirt is Kara.
At least I didn't have to say anything this year. Last year I had to say my name, where I was from, and my team name. Sadly, I couldn't remember where I was from. It was really embarassing!
Angie and I on our way back to our seats... it's definitely fun having a great friend that is a director too!
Me and my sister in law, Liz, who is also a director! Now that she has her own team, we didn't see other much but it was fun to catch up when we could!
Our team before we seperated for the day - some of the gals went home and didn't go to the awards dinner.
Where I will be going in January - to Mexico on a directors leadership retreat! YEA!
At the awards ceremony on Friday night. I didn't win any awards but I will next year!
Orville and his son Owen, and his mom. Last year at convention, his mom got up on stage and said, "How many of you think Orville is successful?" Of course everyone cheered and she said, "Well, let me tell you 3 times he's FAILED!" It was so stinkin' funny! And she went on and on and on. We were rolling!
A hired comedian that sang lots of songs and did imitations. He was dang funny!
Collette, Kara, Heidi, and Orville
The announcement of where convention will be next year: Intensity! 2010 Denver I smell a big huge girls trip next year! ;)

Scentsy is unlike any other company I've worked for, sold for, etc.... It has just won the DSA (direct selling associations) Rising Star award. The DSA CEO spoke to us and said that all the other party plan companies want to be like Scentsy. Scentsy is all the rage and buzz right now. I think it's because the founders and owners have such amazing character. Their whole motto is to Give more than you Take. They are always looking for ways to give back to the community, to others, to their consultants, etc... It's outstanding. I've never been so proud to work for any company before. Not only are the products incredible, the heart of the company is too. It's absolutely inpiring! I've sold Scentsy for almost 3 years now! I was #665 when I signed up, and only 3 years later, there are over 42,000 consultants. WOW!

1 comment:

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Way to be a star director, Jen. And I love that you called me during the convention trying to get the other Denise ;)