Kaitlin LOVES gymnastics. Three years ago, I put her in dance with her friend and she liked it. The next year, I put her in dance and tumbling and she begged me weekly to take her out of dance and stick with tumbling. So this year, I decided to put in her gymnastics at The Gymnastics Training Center near our house. And she LOVES it. She's on her 2nd session with her friend in our neighborhood and she looks forward to it all week long.
Last week, I decided to go in and watch her and took Carli with. I couldn't get Carli off of the equipment (which the GTC is not fond of). I was chasing her down the whole time. It was a little embarassing. So I decided to put in her into her own class. She is below in the pink leo and black leggings. I was curious to see how she would do, this was her first official thing of her own. But for being 2, I thought she listened and did as instructed very well!
This is warmups: running around the mats
Doing an obstacle course, practicing backwards summersaults. She opted to not do part of the obstacle course, so she just did the same half over and over. Finally the teacher caught her and made her do a summersault. practicing being on the balance beam. after she would walk across, she would then jump into the pit. that's not exactly what her teacher wanted her to do but that's what SHE wanted to do!
when the kids all got home from school, i had them each ask her what she had done today and she told them all that she went to "nastics." It took them each a few seconds to figure it out but they are all really good at interpreting 2 yr old language and caught on! Looking forward to next week!





No comments:
Post a Comment